During this covid19 world we all have extra challenges in our lives but it does not stop us from getting involved, and making a difference. Join our school community in taking on one of these challenges over the Easter break. We will celebrate our achievements with prizes for each year group. Submit all your work by 20th April to either your Year Head/tutor/Guidance counsellor/specific teacher. We will collate the challenges, find a space to celebrate and present prizes after the Easter break.
- Phone credit
- Cinema tickets
Note the following about the challenge you choose:
- NB HSE guidelines re COVID 19 must be followed and include in your challenge.
- NB respect social distancing
- All challenges must include an active piece
- Have at least 2 people
- Be a shared activity- on line/phone
- Key words: Fun/Active/connected
- Format: video/audio/written/art piece
- Time: 5 min/5pages
Choose a challenge from the list included. You may choose more than one.
Community Challenge: GIVE BACK
“What can you INVENT/CREATE/DO to help your community?” TRY IT NOW
- Have you heard about the toilet roll challenge by MESI
- Design an original game to include 5 physical exercises which can be played with your friends keeping all the restrictions of COVID19 in mind.
- Joe Wicks get fit challenges
Note Lots more fitness challenges at the end of this list.
Action for Happiness:
- Host café experience with your friends.
- Host café experience inter-generational
- Bake off with friends
- Chat off – variety of languages
- Linked with our Multicultural day, teach your language- challenge for students speaking other nationalities
- Multicultural cooking lesson- recipes from different countries
- Treasure hunt challenge with their family
- Host a games evening
5 a day to connect – plan for 2 weeks your 5 a day. Connect with friends, share ideas and plans. Check out Jigsaw 5 a day or use the following link. Download and ask parent to print off. Connect with friends and work together on it.
Time out space:
Download Headspace app to your phone .
Agree a time with your friends.
Listen each day and note changes for you over the 2 week daily challenge.
Log on to free yoga sessions. Agree a time with your friends.
Practice each day and note changes for you over the 2 week daily challenge.
What’s out there – sound video picture- natures offerings – birdsong/river/flower
Photography: Take a photo of your favourite stay at home activity. Get creative with angles.
Business: Design a product or service of your dreams. (It does not have to be real product or service) Draw the design and explain how it works.
Make your own lava lamp at home https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugzsjlBMmKI
Confinement fashion design challenge recycled material students find at home
Decorate easter egg
Easter bonnet challenge
Stop motion how to animate – learn a new skill
Further animation challenge
Agree with friends what to read/watch. Share favourite moments/ideas- blog
Check out your local community re volunteering to support- via local GAA/supermarket
Learn a new skill- e.g. Sign language free training with LAMH
A set of workouts to do at home.
Athletics Ireland Social Distancing Long Jump Challenge
Bring Sally Up – Push Up Challenge
Bring Sally Up-Squat Challenge
Bring Sally Up- Ab Challenge
PE with Joe Wicks
Dance/fitness videos for to follow
Five min plank Challenge